Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Can Computers Actually be EVIL?

OMG – I actually did not think I could pull my hair out more with this whole computer nightmare, but, alas, I was frustrated to tears this morning dealing with networking and syncing my iPod.  I am sick to death of electronic toys that have the capability of doing things that I find enchanting, not to mention convenient and helpful; BUT, why to they have to be so completely annoying and difficult???????  I want the capability of having my addresses and my calendar transferred to my iPod, but using Outlook is proving to be a royal pain in the rear!  To further my frustration, my PC decided it was not going to do anything online today – period.  My PC would not work through the router at all.  I connected it straight to the DSL and it worked fine.  When I connected it to the router it would not work.  Mind you the router is, in fact, working because Max’s PC can connect and both the notebooks can connect.  I decided (after much frustration) to make Max’s computer the “host” computer and have the rest of the computers connect through her – don’t ask me why, but that worked.  I can get online with my PC, but still can’t share anything.  Seems like I continue to get “not responding” when I try to access my network from my PC.  So what the heck – as long as each computer has the capability of printing and accessing the web – who I am to challenge the computer wizards in that big black hole of computer wizardry?  I know I will be drawn back into the black hole sometime in the future, simply because I cannot stand to be beaten down and completely give up.  For now my sanity seems to be taking priority and I will stay among the calm, rationale and sane (however one chooses to define it).

How am I ever going to figure out how to get pictures on this blog if I can’t even get my computers to behave themselves?  I will tackle the picture thing in the near future, but enough is enough for me right now.  Maybe it is time to beg Duane to come visit . . .  Even though he is now “Mac Daddy”, I am sure some of that Windows minutia is still rummaging around in there someplace.

I actually am sick of hearing myself complain about this computer stuff – there has to be something better.  Maybe I need to go sew where I can run up against the monster sewing machine with a mind of its own and try to overcome that nightmare.  Since I refuse to go to bed and cover my head, I will just have to find something else to occupy my time (not to mention my demented brain).

Later . . .

No comments: