Thursday, February 23, 2006

Cortisone Shot Wednesday

Wednesday seemed like a really slow day considering all the events of yesterday.  The main event of the day was a trip to Kaiser Walnut Creek for Nana to get a cortisone shot in her knee. Desirae was a trip when the nurse called "Donna Rae" and Desirae stood up and told the entire waiting wrong - "Yep, that's my Nana's name". She also quickly informed the doctor I was NOT Grandma. I was NANA!   With my Ireland trip coming up in less than a week and my knee not behaving very well, I decided to try one more cortisone shot before actually approaching orthoscopic surgery.  I am hoping it will give me a bit of break not only for the long ride on the airplane, but for moving about Ireland with a little more ease.  Desirae was good at the appointment and thought that she was going to watch me get a shot in the knee – that rapidly changed when the doctor put the iodine on my knee and she saw the size of the needle.  She turned her back and was very stoic through the whole thing and was rewarded with not one, but three stickers.  Strange how that whole thing worked out - I got the shot and she got the stickers?  

We left the doctor and went to Costco to buy a few things and pick up a pizza for dinner.  Debby came over and shared the pizza and we all had dessert – pie, cookies and ice cream.  We played video games for a while and then headed off to bed. I am still working on Max to NOT get Desirae completely worked up before bed - see how well that is working?

Desirae enjoyed a nice chat with her Mommy on the phone and doing video conferencing and had one of her favorite stories read to her by Mommy (life is good).

Later . . .


No comments: