Thursday, February 16, 2006

Fun Afternoon with Chalk and Imagination


Max took off work early today because she had to see her counselor to sign up for her LAST four classes.  Yes, that is right – LAST (she will be finished with her degree in June).  Desirae and I went with her for the appointment and then we had McDonald’s for lunch (ummmm wonder who thought of that)?  Max then had to work on homework and we were all crammed in the office – Desirae on Max’s lap and both dogs on the floor.  If you have never seen our office, let me assure you it is NOT big.  Max decided she would change to her notebook and Desirae thought that would be a great idea because she could then lie on the couch next to her instead of sliding off her lap in the chair.

I did manage to get some photos this afternoon (a bunch of good shots).  Max brought home a box of outside chalk and to give Max a break and some peace and quiet for homework Desirae and I went outside to play in the front.  Desirae and I had a time of it drawing on the driveway.  We (actually she – bum knee and all) played hop scotch and she had a complete story line going for the drawings.  It was amazing to listen to her expand on the story and how the whole thing unfolded.

After dinner Desirae and I played video games while Max continued to work on her homework.  She is excited about going fishing tomorrow and we are praying it is not windy (cause it will be cold).

Later . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember I am the youngest of 5 kids and we are 5 years apart and I am very used to noise when I concentrate- I don’t hear a thing -besides I like having you two in the room with me. If we waited till I was done with my homework it would be June