Monday, February 06, 2006

Interesting Weekend


Max decided since my actual birthday weekend was a bit uneventful and crowded with other family events that we would celebrate my birthday AGAIN. So we ran around and checked out Thrift Stores in the area. We actually did not find any stores that were anywhere close to what we have locally, but we did have fun. I found a really wonderful, interesting coffee canister. It is light weight alumimum with a unique hinge and it will probably hold a couple pounds of coffee. It has a really wide rubber seal and should keep everything nice and tightly sealed.

We then made a Best Buy run and ended up with two new digital cameras! I have been wanting a smaller camera and Max is just sick of her old camera - SO, I decided to put my Crap Table earning to good use. I have a black and she has a silver DSC-T5 and we both have a 1G memory stick. The front part slides down to reveal the lens and it has a nice display screen. The only thing it does not have is a view finder (which I am used to from my other camera),
That made short work of my $1k winnings, but the cameras are VERY cool. I still like my old Sony digital camera, but this new one is very small and will be easy to carry in a purse and just be portable. We made a quick stop at WalMart on the way home and I ended up with the Friends "Scene it?" DVD game. Have not played it yet, but it sure looks like it will be fun.We decided to go out to dinner and the Italian place we wanted to go was closed so we went to our Sushi place. OMG they had changed their menu and WOW - it was a taste treat sensation to say the least.

That was Saturday and Sunday was "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" (finally) and the Super Bowl - Go Steelers.

Later . . .

No comments: